Thursday, August 23, 2012

July 3, 2012 – Wine: 2001 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

This has been my favorite vintage of Corison Cabernet since I first discovered the winery back in 2006.  The 2001 vintage has offered a special richness and prominent dark chocolate among its beautiful fruit flavors.  This was my last half bottle to open from the 2001’s, and it has evolved nicely.  In 2010 the wine had gone into a shut-down phase of development, but emerged by the end of the year.  Now, the wine offers great richness, nicely controlled body, and wonderful fruits of sour cherry, red currant, mineral, subtle dark chocolate, and notes of plum on the finish.  If I didn’t have the fantastic 2005’s to look forward to, I would truly be lamenting the end of this wine.

2001 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

No comments:

Post a Comment