Thursday, August 9, 2012

June 26, 2012 – Wine: 2003 St. Supery Elu Meritage

I first discovered St. Supery’s Elu wine online.  I was reluctant to purchase an entire case without first trying the wine, so I made my way to St. Supery winery to give this wine a taste.  Shortly after that my wine order was on its way.  That was for the wonderful 2002 vintage.   This bottle came from a later visit to the winery when I stocked up on some 2001 and 2003 vintages.    Having bought and opened the 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 vintages, I can say that the folks at St. Supery know how to deliver a fantastic wine, in good vintages and in weaker ones.  As soon as the cork was out of this bottle, a wonderful fragrance leaped from the bottle.  The texture is smooth and lush, with flavors of black cherry, strawberry, mineral, currants, and notes of coffee.  This wine has aged gracefully (even in the half bottle) and maintains wonderful balance.

2003 St. Supery Elu Meritage

No comments:

Post a Comment