Wednesday, December 26, 2012

October 30, 2012 – Wine: 2004 Bell Cellars Clone 6 Cabernet Sauvignon

When my favorite half-bottle web site put this wine on sale, I jumped at the opportunity to acquire six half-bottles.  Having already tasted this wine at the winery while I was a wine club member, the purchase was a no-brainer.  Tonight I opened the fourth bottle from this group, and I was pleased to notice the development of a certain richness in this wine.  It starts off with a prominent nose, and is followed by a well-balanced palette of cherries, blackberries, tobacco notes, and minerals.  I knew that this wine had potential (having enjoyed a number of 1996 half-bottles from the same source), but the richness took me by surprise.

2004 Bell Clone 6 Cabernet Sauvignon

No comments:

Post a Comment