Saturday, January 26, 2013

December 8, 2012 – Wine: 2007 Paradigm Cabernet Sauvignon

I coined a new term to describe this wine: de-lush-ious!  While getting ready for a tree-trimming party where I knew I would be pouring several of my party wines (nice juice, but I don’t cry if I never get a glass), I took a short break to enjoy something really nice before the guests arrived.  So I opened a half-bottle of the Paradigm Cabernet.  The first thing that impressed me was the apparent richness in this wine.  The next was the vintage-typical expression of fruits: blueberries, blackberries, minerals, leather.  The state of the acids gives this wine a lushness that makes your palette water as you drink it.  … hence the term delushious.

Here’s what I opened at the party:

2009 Savannah-Chanel Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir
2006 St. Clement Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
2008 St. Clement Napa Valley Merlot (most improved and my favorite)
2006 Bell Cellars Massa Ranch Syrah
2008 Dashe Cellars Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel

No comments:

Post a Comment