Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Provenance Vineyards, May 26, 2013

www.provenancevineyards.com

We wrapped up our trip at Provence Vineyards.  To help keep costs down for the three of us out wine tasting, I tried to visit the places where I am a wine club member and the tasting fee is waived.  Since Provenance allows its wine club members to build their own flights of wine, I was able to share my tastes with my companion and try more wines than if I had been there alone.  Another reason I wanted to visit Provenance was to check out their Memorial Day Cellar Sale.  (By the time we arrived, they had sold out of the wine that I had been interested in ... It must have been good.)

We shared all of our pours, and I was able to taste the following wines:

2012 Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc
2011 Estate Sauvignon Blanc
2010 Malbec
2009 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
2009 Oakville TK2 Cabernet Sauvignon
2006 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (my favorite)
2007 Three Palms Merlot


Finally, I was treated to a fascinating vertical of Hewitt Cabernet Sauvignon: 2004, 2007, and 2009.  The 2007 remains my favorite of the wines I tried today, though my overall favorite is the 2002 vintage.


A full review was written already about Provenance Vineyards during my visit on February 8th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment