Sunday, October 28, 2012

September 5, 2012 – Wine: 2005 Anomaly Cabernet Sauvignon

Having tasted the 2004 vintage of Anomaly (they make just one wine) when it was released, I was sufficiently impressed with the quality to purchase half-bottles of the 2005 vintage without tasting it beforehand.  Of course, the 2005 vintage received a number of acclaims for its quality, so my risk exposure was minimal.  As it turns out, it was non-existent.  In July 2011, I opened my first bottle and discovered a juicy, lush, well-balanced wine that was still quite tannic.  I immediately hunted down four more half bottles for my collection.  This time, the juiciness had subsided, but the softer character and impeccable balance made up for that slight loss.  The palette on this wine featured cranberry, mineral, cherry, and leather with a nice long finish.

2005 Anomaly Cabernet Sauvignon

1 comment:

  1. Look for a review of this winery back in April 2012, as well as tasting notes for the 2004 Anomaly.

    ReplyDelete