Monday, June 3, 2013

Corison Winery, March 25, 2013

www.corison.com

It was time to pick up my wine club shipment from Corison Winery again.  The March pickup is dedicated to library vintages.  In this case, the shipment included the Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and the Kronos Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, both from the 1998 vintage.  As I had already acquired these wines through earlier wine club shipments, I was more eager to expand my collection of 2004 and 2005 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignons.  The winery accommodated my request to make this substitution.  (On occasion it is possible to make a substitution in a wine shipment to better accommodate your preferences).

The fermenting tanks at Corison Winery
As is often the case, Corison had a number of interesting wines open for tasting.  As this was our fourth stop of the day, I wanted to limit the number of wines I was sampling to just four.  I was able to taste the 2003 and 2004 Kronos Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, both of which are showing surprisingly well.  Then I was able to taste the 2001 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, which has undergone a complete character evolution (from distinctive, powerful, and textured to elegant and clean).  Lastly I tasted the 2005 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, which is performing wonderfully right now and was my favorite of the flight.

A full review was written already about Corison Winery during my visit on April 6th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment