Thursday, June 27, 2013

May 24, 2013 – Wine: 2005 Plumpjack Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon

I have been sitting on two half-bottles of 2005 Plumpjack Cabernet for over four years now.  I was starting to grow impatient about opening a bottle, fearing I might have missed this wine at its peak.  Some of my 2005’s are starting to blossom, but this wine is still a work in progress.  Even after being open for 90 minutes, this wine was still in need of time to relax and integrate.  The good news is that the Plumpjack richness is showing well, and the flavors are tending toward black fruits and are complex with influences of minerals, leather, sweet black prunes, black currants, and black cherry.  I’m going to give the other bottle another three to four years to come into line and achieve better balance.

2005 Plumpjack Cabernet Sauvignon


No comments:

Post a Comment