Friday, June 21, 2013

May 16, 2013 – Wine: 2007 Honig Cabernet Sauvignon

While I would love to be able to enjoy a well-aged Rudd Estate or Rubicon Estate every time I opened a bottle, that kind of wine consumption would break my bank and turn me into a wine snob.  Tonight, it was time to return to my budget reality (which still leaves enough room for some decent quality).  This wine has also taken an interesting turn, as it seems to be a look forward at the 2010 vintage rather than where I would have expected the 2007’s to lead.  The wine was smoother than I had expected, and featured flavors of blackberry, dark chocolate and leather.  The dark chocolate was the surprise for me.  It will be interesting to see whether any other of my 2007’s take a similar turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment