Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Elizabeth Spencer – October 20, 2014

www.elizabethspencerwines.com

We ended our trip to Napa Valley at Elizabeth Spencer’s tasting room in Rutherford.  I wanted to finish our trip relaxing in the late afternoon sun on the patio there enjoying their lovely reds.  And, since Elizabeth Spencer makes a broad selection of whites, my travel companions were quite pleased too.  The patio is very relaxing in comfortable weather such as we were enjoying, and it was just warm enough for my guests to enjoy their white wines, yet cool enough for my reds.  This turned out to be a lovely way to wrap up our winery visits.
The bottle I bought is near the upper left on the racks at Elizabeth Spencer.

I began my flight with a taste of the GPS blend, which is a (secret) mixture of red grapes grown along the northern California coast.  Next I tried the 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, which I have thoroughly enjoyed every time I have tasted it.  I followed that with the 2010 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2010 Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon, which was my favorite of this flight.  (During my last visit, the Rutherford Cabernet was my favorite.)  I decided that I enjoyed the Rutherford Cabernet enough to warrant bringing home a bottle for a special occasion sometime in the next five to ten years.

A full review was written already about Elizabeth Spencer Wines during my visit on November 2nd, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment