Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Saint Clement Vineyards, October 20, 2014

www.stclement.com

Next stop on the agenda was Saint Clement, after stopping to pick up some sandwiches at Ranch Market Too in Yountville.  My hope was to sit under the oaks on the patio and enjoy our lunch as we tasted wine in this glorious weather we were enjoying.  But, when we arrived at Saint Clement, they directed us to the next level above the patio, set out a red table cloth across the picnic table, and gave us a private, sunny tasting experience overlooking Napa Valley.  My guests really enjoyed picnicking with our delicious sandwiches, our spectacular view, and our wine tasting selections.  It was during this visit that I learned that the tasting room at Saint Clement will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays beginning November 1, 2014.  This will impact when I can come to pick up my wine club shipments as I prefer mid-week visits.
The fine picnic tables at Saint Clement Vineyards

Before taking our wines out to the picnic table, I was poured a taste of one of the wines in my wine-club shipment, the 2011 Johanna red blend.  Then, at the table, I tasted the 2009 Napa Valley Merlot, the 2011 Oroppas, the 2010 Steinhauer Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon, and the 2010 Armstrong Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon.  Of all these wines, the Steinhauer Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon stood out as my favorite.  The interesting thing is that during my last visit, this same wine was less impressive, a little thinner, and shorter finishing.  It is amazing how much a wine can develop in just a month or two.  My guests enjoyed the 2012 Abbott’s Vineyard Chardonnay so I bought a bottle to take home with us.

A full review was written already about Saint Clement Vineyards during my visit on May 12th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment