Saturday, December 13, 2014

Provenance Vineyards – October 20, 2014

www.provenancevineyards.com

I like to take people to Provenance Vineyards to show off the quality of their wines.  Folks who enjoy white wines often take a liking to one of the three Sauvignon Blanc wines they make there.  And for those that enjoy red wines, there is a good variety, including some outstanding Merlots.  Lately I have found myself encouraging people to try the 2010 Three Palms Merlot because I was so impressed by it.  More often than not, the folks I encourage end up taking a liking to this wine too.  I also stopped by to pick up my September wine club shipment.  But after learning what was being shipped, I opted to replace my shipment (too many Malbecs) with other wines, which required that I contact the wine-club representative (who had already left for the day because of illness).  I guess I’ll just have to come back again to get my wines.
The completed tasting patio at Provenance Vineyards

I worked my way through the new releases of some of my favorite Cabernets that Provenance offers.  I started with the 2010 Three Palms Cabernet Sauvignon, which is still young and a little reserved (but showing promise).  I next tasted one of my favorites, the 2010 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon Barrel Select, followed by the 2010 Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon To Kalon 2 (aka TK2), and the 2012 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon.  Of these, the TK2 Cabernet was my favorite, but the Barrel Select Cabernet is the best value.

A full review was written already about Provenance Vineyards during my visit on February 8th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment