Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Not Unbreakable, but Rather Break-Resistant

I had to look up the customer support phone number on the Wine Enthusiast web site for my broken glass.  The first thing that I noticed is that the glasses are not called unbreakable, but rather break-resistant.  Now I don’t feel so bad having broken a break-resistant glass.  (I broke down its resistance?)  It is worth noting that only the bowl of the glass broke, and the stem remained intact.  So, I called the 800 number, gave my name and ZIP code, explained that I knocked over a glass and broke it.  They told me the new glass is on its way.  Again, the whole transaction lasted about 90 seconds (actually a few seconds longer because I wasn’t calling from home).  The wine glasses are quite nice, but they cannot compare with the excellent customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment