Monday, February 10, 2014

January 14, 2014 – Wine: 2007 Carmel Road Arroyo Seco Pinot Noir

I first discovered the 2005 Carmel Road Arroyo Seco Pinot Noir during a tasting lineup of 2005 Pinots.  The Carmel Road stood out for its presentation, prominent fruits, and great balance.  It’s price made it an easy decision too.  When I saw this 2007 marked down on one of my online wine sites, I decided to give it a try.  After all, the winemaker had a good style, and the 2007 Pinots are drinking nicely right now.  After a few missed attempts to open this bottle, the cork finally came out tonight.  This wine is drinking wonderfully right now.  It’s flavor profile reminds me of the glorious 2007 Gary Farrell I opened last August, with vintage-typical flavors of blueberry, cherry, baking spices, mint, and minerals awash in a well-balanced, almost elegant wine.  And the price for this level of quality is terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment