Saturday, February 1, 2014

January 8, 2014 – Wine: 2005 Saint Clement Star Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon

Tonight I am continuing my exploration of 2005 Cabernets and how they are progressing.  This time I selected the Saint Clement Star Vineyard Cabernet from Rutherford (in a 750ml bottle).  This wine was promising during a preview in 2008, and wonderfully rich and expressive when I opened it in 2010 and 2011.  Tonight, this wine has followed a similar progression as the others, tending now towards darker flavors, with the fruits taking a back seat to other complexities arising.  This wine remains lush and balanced, featuring flavors of pomegranate, baking spices, dark cherry, cranberry, and minerals.  I have another bottle of this wine remaining to open … probably in another 18 months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment