Sunday, May 25, 2014

April 3, 2014 – Wine: 2005 Paradigm Cabernet Sauvignon

One of the challenges every wine collector faces is when to open that last bottle.  In tonight’s case, it was the last bottle of a 2005 Cabernet from Paradigm Winery.  I first discovered Paradigm while completing a case purchase of half-bottles online.  Then, I found these 2005’s at a wine shop in Saint Helena while visiting Napa Valley and scooped up a few.  On my second visit to the winery, they poured this wine and it was showing beautifully.  And by then, there were no remaining half-bottles to be found.  So, I had to hold onto the lone remaining half-bottle for as long as I could.  Tonight, I relented and opened it.  The wine is in a great phase of development.  The nose is potent, and the palette is equal parts richness, elegance, and power, all delivered with balance (after a 60-minute decant). 
2005 Paradigm Cabernet Sauvignon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment