Sunday, July 13, 2014

May 14, 2014 – Wine: 2012 Blackbird Arriviste Rosé

Okay, so I am usually the first person to try to trade a rosé wine in my wine club shipment for something red or white.  But this was a half-bottle of rosé, and I can probably work my way through a (shared) half-bottle of nearly any good wine.  The fact that Blackbird made this wine made it even more attractive as I am a big fan of their quality.  When the impending heat wave was announced in the news, I tossed this bottle (and a split of Sauvignon Blanc) into the refrigerator, and tonight opened it cold to enjoy on the back deck as the temperature dropped outside.  This rosé is different from most in that it was made from Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes (rather than Syrah, Pinot Noir, or Zinfandel).  It was delicious, with flavors of sweet plum, strawberry, pink grapefruit, and subtle cherry notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment