Friday, July 18, 2014

May 24, 2014 – Wines for a party

It was time for my sister’s birthday.  She was giving a back yard BBQ party with ribs, and the guests each brought something to complete the meal.  One guest brought a cake, others brought salads and slaws, there were the twice-baked potatoes, and I helped cook skillet potatoes.  And I brought four nice bottles of wine.  There are thousands of wines you can buy for under $20, but I was able to shop sales to bring some amazing quality to this party.  Everyone’s favorite wine cost me $21, but the other three ranged in price from $13 to $19.  Both my sister and my mother are big fans of Cabernet Franc, so I brought a 2010 Provenance to satisfy them.  Here is the list of wines:

2010 Provenance Cabernet Franc (everyone’s favorite)
2008 Boete Cheval Rouge (a Meritage-style blend)
2010 Saint Clement Napa Valley Merlot (my favorite)
2010 Angel’s Secret Petite Sirah (the best value)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment