Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21, 2014 – A New World Record

I have been drawn to electric vehicles since I first encountered a Neighborhood Electric Vehicle in a downtown Los Gatos store one Sunday morning in 2007.  I did some research and found that the car lacked enough capability for my daily needs.  But it kept me interested.  Then, I learned of Mitsubishi’s plans to build a capable electric vehicle, which I followed until the 2012 Mitsubishi i‑MiEV landed in my driveway.  I have remained fascinated by these cars and thoroughly enjoy driving electric. 

Each September, the Electric Automobile Association of Silicon Valley holds and electric car rally, which I have attended faithfully since 2012.  This year, I learned (on Wednesday) of an attempt to assemble the largest parade of electric vehicles the world has yet seen.  Naturally, I could not pass on the opportunity to occupy a spot in the record books, however briefly.  The last record was 481 EV’s set in May in Germany.  This time, we sped past that record to 507.  I later celebrated with a half-bottle of 2006 Shafer One Point Five Cabernet Sauvignon.  Read about it on my other blog:  http://livingwithmiev.blogspot.com.
The official world-record certificate on display at the event

No comments:

Post a Comment