Monday, February 20, 2012

February 18, 2012 – Dinner Party with Wine

For a friend’s "milestone" birthday party, I offered to supply some wine.  Most of it was from my cellar, but there were a couple of “fresher” bottles that I picked up as well.  I was able to get at least about 3 ounces of each (except for 1 I only tasted), and a few I enjoyed a full glass.  Here are the wines:

2006 St. Clement Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley:  complex, nice red fruit and classic ’06 flavors
2006 Provenance Merlot Napa Valley:  smooth as silk, nice red fruit (at its peak)
2007 Estancia Meritage Paso Robles: really soft cab-blend, good fruits, may be dormant now
2007 Bell Cellars Claret: complex, classic ’07 flavors, good balance (last bottle at store)
2007 Sean Minor Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley: the least expensive of the bunch, but a very nice cab, a little intensity on the mid-palette
2006 C. G. Di Arie Zinfandel Amador County: this is a rich, wonderfully balanced Zinfandel that delivers great fruit and structure, and a touch of elegance (my favorite tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment