Monday, June 4, 2012

Ridge Winery, April 29th, 2012

I returned to Ridge today to enjoy the excellent weather and sample their wines free of the crowds at the special events.  While my previous visit was exciting with the barrel tasting and an upbeat stir in the air, this visit was wonderfully relaxed.  (Check my prior review for scores, etc.)  I tasted through three Zinfandels, a tasty Carignane, and the Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, which has improved noticeably since I tasted it in early March.  My favorite wine was the 2008 Carmichael Zinfandel, which delivers classic Zinfandel flavors, elegant body, and terrific balance.


The original Ridge WInery Operations on Monte Bello

After tasting I was able to enjoy the gardens which were popping with new spring blooms.  At the tables were picnickers enjoying a light feast along with a bottle of something from the winery.  The air was unusually clear thanks to recent rains and winds.  On a day like this you can see the outline of the financial district in downtown San Francisco.  (Okay, so I’m a little far-sighted.)

The gardens at Ridge's Monte Bello tasting room

No comments:

Post a Comment