Tuesday, September 25, 2012

August 1, 2012 – Wine: 2007 August Briggs Russian River Valley Pinot Noir

I remember tasting this wine at the winery when it was released and noting its classic Russian River Valley richness.  That was three-and-a-half years ago.  When I opened the bottle I brought home, the first thing I noticed was the smell of Dentine (cinnamon) gum.  After a while in the decanter, the fruit from this wine started to express itself on the nose.  On the palette were delicious flavors of cranberry, blueberry, cinnamon, and mineral, delivered in a richly textured body with terrific balance.  This wine was dark and fairly dense as Pinot Noir goes, but none the less delicious.  I would describe this as a cab-drinker’s Pinot Noir.

2007 August Briggs Russian River Valley Pinot Noir

No comments:

Post a Comment