Saturday, September 1, 2012

July 9, 2012 – Wine: 2007 Saint Clement Oroppas (Bordeaux blend)

I faced a difficult decision back in 2010 (yeah, right).  I was opening about 20 full-bottles of wine a year, but collecting more than 50 bottles.  I usually open a half-bottle (375ml), so the full-bottles were starting to stack up.  I was faced with getting more storage space or cutting back on my wine clubs.  So, this wine was my last wine club shipment from St. Clement before I dropped out of the program.  Luckily, I have plenty of St. Clement wines from the three years I was a member to last me for a while.  This wine was paired with Salmon, which is probably the perfect red-wine fish.  The wine had a nice nose, followed by a vintage-typical palette, leading off with blueberry, blackberry, notes of oak, and slightly spicy tannins.  The wine is showing its characteristic balance which makes the Oroppas a pleasure to enjoy in any vintage.  If only they would bottle the occasional vintage in half-bottles again.

No comments:

Post a Comment