Tuesday, March 5, 2013

January 17, 2013 – Wine: Boa Ventura Blue Label Cabernet Sauvignon

Three summers back I visited Boa Ventura winery on the eastern end of Livermore Valley.  While not Napa Valley fruit, the wines are made with depth and structure which can be difficult to find in Livermore Valley.  After tasting this wine, I decided to buy a couple of half bottles.  I opened the first two years ago.  It was not ready then, but was integrating nicely.  Now, the wine’s development has made its way to the next level, with nice fruit, controlled minerals, and less of the winery’s funk that finds its way into most of their red wines.  I noted flavors of red grapes, leather, tea, minerals, and a subtle note of cranberry.  This wine may have been my best experience from this winery.

No comments:

Post a Comment