Sunday, May 5, 2013

April 13, 2013 – Wine: 2007 Clos du Val Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Wow, what a difference 4 months can make in a wine, though I suspect bottle-variation may also be it play here.  Checking my notes from December 15, the wine was tannic and locked down.  I was a little disappointed then because I recall how I was impressed by this wine when I tasted it at the winery.  Tonight, the wine seems to have awakened.  The pronounced tannins from December have since subsided to the point that this wine is really quite smooth, yet still nearly full-bodied.  The nose retains its classic 2007 attributes (most notably blueberry), while the palette offers up leather, sour cherry, baking spices, slight mineral notes, and a gentle, yet extended finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment