Friday, January 10, 2014

December 22, 2013 – Wine: 2007 Goldeneye Anderson Valley Pinot Noir

It was at a wine tasting in San Francisco when I first discovered Goldeneye wines, just a few months before the presidential inauguration lunch where the 2005 Goldeneye was the featured red wine.  Of course I had to get a few half-bottles.  The 2005 Goldeneye was an impressive wine when young, and got better over the subsequent two years.  I followed up with two visits to the Goldeneye tasting room up in remote Anderson Valley, enjoying both the 2006 and then the 2007 vintages.  When the 2007’s were released in half-bottles, I snatched up about a half dozen for my cellar.  While the first bottle I opened last October seemed a little uninspiring, this bottle was much better, with a prominent nose.  The body remains elegant and the palette features vintage typical notes along with some black plums.  I look forward to opening the next bottle soon.  Of course, I busted my favorite Pinot Noir glass while washing it the next morning, so now I get to head to the mall during the holiday madness.  Oh joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment