Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 5, 2014 – Wine: 2005 Darioush Signature Cabernet Sauvignon

After my last two half-bottles of 2005 Cabernets, I decided it was time to start opening more bottles before all the 2005 goodness fades away.  So, I skimmed the cellar for a sampling from various wineries that I’d like to open in the coming weeks.  Tonight’s selection was Darioush’s Signature Cabernet.  This was a wonderful wine when it was young, featuring a near rich palette of red fruits, with raspberry most prominent.  Tonight, the tannins have softened somewhat from three years ago, but its lush texture remains.  The palette features raspberry jam, pomegranate, leather, baking spices, and minerals.  This wine appears to be holding up a little better than the last two wines I opened this week.  I’m looking forward to uncorking the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment