Wednesday, March 12, 2014

February 12, 2014 – Wine: 2005 Bell Cellars Sonnette

While I was a wine club member at Bell, this wine was perhaps my favorite each vintage, especially for the 2005 wines.  While always well balanced and delicious, this bottle seemed to bring out the nicer red fruit flavors of the vintage that I enjoyed so much.  At the time, I had so much Bell wine that I was reluctant to buy more, but now I am wishing I had.  This wine has aged gracefully, and while occupying the space between rich and elegant, the wine retains its body and balance and has softened to a palette-pleasing silkiness.  The wine offers up delicious flavors of pomegranate, cranberry, cherry, ripe tomato, and minerals.  Even after being left in the trunk for two days (in mild weather), the leftovers were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment