Tuesday, March 4, 2014

February 2, 2014 – Wine: 2005 Hollywood and Vine Cabernet Sauvignon

Continuing my exploration of 2005 Napa Valley red wines, I decided to open next this half-bottle of Hollywood and Vine Cabernet when my friend visited.  Originally, I thought it would be split between the two of us, but then another friend joined us and we were each down to a single, four-ounce serving.  Ordinarily I would not have minded, but this wine is drinking so wonderfully today that I wanted to drink the whole thing myself.  At least my friends were appreciative of the wine I had poured.  The last time that I opened this wine I made the mistake of pouring it alongside a much richer wine and this wine paled in the comparison.  Tonight, by itself, this wine shined like the star it is.  While I still noticed the lack of richness, this wine made up for that shortcoming in spades with its beautiful red-fruited palette and nose.  I savored the flavors of cranberry, cherry, red currant, minerals, and baking spices.  The only problem was that I found myself wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment