Sunday, May 13, 2012

April 10, 2012 – Wine: 2004 Anomaly Cabernet Sauvignon

Having just visited the winery in St. Helena and tasted the 2008 and 2009 vintages, I was curious about how the 2004 vintage was progressing.  So, tonight I opened a bottle.  The first scent to emerge from the bottle was black raspberry.  I decanted the wine for about 60 minutes before tasting.  This wine is at a great place right now.  The palette starts off with the same black raspberry found on the nose, followed by black cherry, leather, and subtle notes of anise.  The tannins were silky smooth and the wine offered impeccable balance.  I first opened this in 2007 and was impressed with this wine in its youth, and I am pleased to see how wonderfully it has developed.

2004 Anomaly Cabernet Sauvignon

1 comment: