Thursday, May 3, 2012

April 4, 2012 – Wine: 1997 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

This is why you age wine.  I first acquired and enjoyed a half-bottle of this wine back in late 2007/early 2008.  At that time, I remember this wine showed a wonderful, dark richness to its fruit.  This time I enjoyed the same wine aged in the full bottle.  What a wonderful wine this has evolved into.  The nose is beautiful, the palette is rich, ultra smooth and elegant with the perception of viscosity (but it isn’t at all).  The fruits are delivered with remarkable balance, starting with summer-sweet blackberry, black cherry, and red currant.  The tannins are practically imperceptible, suggesting that this wine has most likely arrived at its peak maturity.  I selected this bottle to celebrate my mother’s birthday, and she was as pleased with the wine as I was.

1997 Corison Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

1 comment:

  1. I have since visited and reviewed Corison Winery. Look for it in the newer posts.

    ReplyDelete