Saturday, May 26, 2012

April 24, 2012 – Wine: 2003 Ridge Geyserville

It is with some remorse that I open my last half-bottle of Ridge Winery’s 2003 Geyserville, a blend of Zinfandel, Carignane, and Petite Sirah.  This was one of the wines that launched my love affair (obsession?) with quality wines.  Every vintage of Geyserville is a terrific wine, but this 2003 has always been my favorite.  I have worked my way through a case in a half of these beautiful half bottles since March of 2006.  Every bottle has delivered consistently in flavor, texture, and balance.  This last bottle was stunning with its silky tannins, impeccable balance, delicious blackberry and raspberry jam followed by leather and mineral notes, and its persistent finish.  While I lament the last of the half bottles, I look forward to opening the magnum of this wine sometime in the not-so-distant future.

2003 Ridge Geyserville

1 comment:

  1. Look for my review(s) of Ridge Winery (at Monte Bello) elsewhere in this blog.

    ReplyDelete