Tuesday, May 29, 2012

April 25, 2012 – Wine: 2002 St. Clement Oroppas

This is another wine that I have worked my way through a case of.  What a delicious wine, delivering consistent quality with every bottle.  The last bottle I opened was in January, and from my notes, I’d say it delivered again.   My first experience with Oroppas was with the 2001 vintage, which really delivered the wow factor.  This time, my experience with the 2002 started off with some mineral and black cherry, followed by black licorice, vanilla custard, and leather notes.  The balance is great and the structure is still prominent.  Although I have just one half-bottle remaining, I am sure that the wine would continue to evolve another three to five years (if I let it).  And the winery is a nice place to visit too.


2002 St. Clement Oroppas


No comments:

Post a Comment