Friday, September 20, 2013

An Update on Break-Resistant Stemware

While attending a backyard barbecue at my sister’s home, I accidentally soccer-kicked her champagne glass that was standing on the concrete patio.  The glass faced certain destruction at the hands of my foot.  After sweeping up the chards of glass, I decided to give her a set of the Wine Enthusiasts’ break-resistant champagne flutes.  Since I started using the Cabernet glasses from the same product line in 2009, I have only broken one stem, so I figured she might benefit from these stylish, sturdy stems.  I ordered a set of four to replace the one stem that I had demolished and left the package at her house.


Now, about 1 month later, she has already broken two of the stems.  Each time, the flute was resting on the concrete patio and somebody unknowingly gave the glass a decent soccer kick.  (At least this time it wasn't me.)  So, now I have to call Wine Enthusiast and try to get the glasses replaced.  Their policy allows for one free replacement, while subsequent replacements require that the purchaser pay for shipping costs.  If she breaks any more, I think I’ll recommend acrylic flutes, or perhaps, wrapping the glass flutes in bubble wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment