Wednesday, September 11, 2013

August 5, 2013 – Wine: 2010 Provenance Estate Sauvignon Blanc

If you prefer a little acidity to your matured Sauvignon Blanc, I may have found the formula.  Take a medium bodied Sauvignon Blanc (that may have slight exposure to oak) and age it for three years.  In contrast to the almost creamy 2009 I opened at the end of June, this wine still retains some of its crisp acidity which befits warmer weather and lighter dinner fare.  (I paired it with a chicken stew.)  The subtle flavors of grapefruit, green apple, and pear along with grassy notes are woven together nicely, with terrific balance and weight without a harsh edge to be found.  I actually preferred this bottle to the 2009, but when released I believe my preference leaned the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment