Monday, September 30, 2013

August 31, 2013 – Wine: J. Lohr Cabs

I have been holding onto a small vertical of J. Lohr Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon for a few years now, waiting for an opportunity to share them.  Even three half bottles makes for a lot of wine for just two people, so I was waiting for an appropriate event with enough wine drinkers.  Today my sister-in-law celebrated her birthday, so I brought out these three half-bottles.  The first was the 2006, which had become completely smooth but lacked any noticeable structure.  The second was the 2007 which offered plenty of structure, complexity, and tasty fruit.  The third was the 2008, which is still resolving its tannins.  My mom and I favored the 2007, while others preferred the softness of the 2006.  The 2008 simply needs more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment