Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November 6, 2013 – A toast to my brother’s life

Yesterday afternoon, I received the news that my younger brother had died.  His death ended a multi-year effort to recover from a serious bicycling accident.  His prognosis was never too upbeat, but recently seemed less so.  The good news that I can take away from this is that he no longer suffers from his injuries or recovery.  My brother had always celebrated life his way.  He stayed connected with his family and attracted many friends.  His death will leave a void in all of our lives that can only be capped with pleasant memories from our lives together.  Tonight, in his honor, my mother and I will raise a glass and toast to his life.  The wine I have selected for this occasion is the 2001 Hewitt Cabernet Sauvignon.  I just left the bottle at my mother’s house for an extended breathe (about two hours or so).

1 comment:

  1. I Shall Toast with You To Your Brother's Life He is now in a better Place Love You Mark and Love Your Family!!!!

    ReplyDelete