Tuesday, November 12, 2013

October 10, 2013 – Wine: 2006 Ridge Lytton Springs

This was probably my least inspiring bottle of this wine (I had bought six half-bottles when released).  In the past, this wine showed lively fruit, great structure and balance, and nice texture.  Of course, the 2006 vintage was unkind to most wines made from Northern California grapes, but this wine had bucked the trend.  Tonight I had opened the bottle too late to give it a decent decant before drinking, and I was penalized for not doing so.  The wine tasted a little thin and suggested it was past its peak – for the first 90 minutes, that is.  Then, the minerals presented themselves and pulled the wine into balance.  I have added a note to my catalog to let this wine open next time.
2006 Ridge Lytton Springs

No comments:

Post a Comment