Thursday, November 21, 2013

October 20, 2013 – Wine: 2007 Bell Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

As I wrapped up a five-year wine-club membership in 2010, one of my last shipments was this 2007 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, which I had requested in half bottles.  As I recall, the winery was quite proud of this vintage, even before it started winning gold medals at tasting competitions.  Of course, every winery was releasing amazing wines in 2007, thanks to a near-perfect growing season.  This wine is no exception, and after a few years in the cellar, the wine is living up to its praise.  The wine is well balanced and medium bodied, with delicious notes of blackberry, blueberry, black cherry, and tobacco, all finishing with surprising richness.  I think I’ll wait another year to open the next half bottle.
2007 Bell Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon


No comments:

Post a Comment