Sunday, November 17, 2013

Provenance Vineyards, September 18, 2013

www.provenancevineyards.com

I was hoping to pick up my September wine club shipment, but the e-mail announcing its availability hadn’t arrived (and never would, it later turned out).  Still, I wanted to share my favorite winery with my good friend so that he might also learn about Provenance.  My friend enjoyed all of the wines they offer, but was really impressed with the Cabernet Franc and its value.  I was glad to try a couple of newly released wines too.  As it turns out, the one wine I enjoyed the most would be a part of my September club shipment.  I was a little disappointed that the 2010 Hewitt Cabernet Sauvignon was not yet on the tasting menu, but I will look for it again when I return in November to pick up the September and November shipments.

This visit I wanted to taste some of my favorites.  I started off with the 2010 Winemaker's Reserve, a Bordeaux-style blend including Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.  Next, I tried the 2009 Beckstoffer To Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon, followed by the 2009 Beckstoffer TK2 Cabernet Sauvignon (a slection of the better lots from the former), then the 2007 Hewitt Cabernet Sauvignon and ended with the 2009 Hewitt Cabernet Sauvignon .  My favorite of the Provenance wines was the To Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon for its ripe fruits and great balance.


A full review was written already about Provenance Vineyards during my visit on February 8th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment