Saturday, April 19, 2014

Provenance Vineyards, February 22, 2014

www.provenancevineyards.com

In addition to my order pick-ups at Saint Clement Vineyards, I had a wine club shipment to pick up at Provenance Vineyards.  This day I was traveling alone and it was nice to finish my journey at a winery where the folks knew my name.  Having been a wine club member here at Provenance for over eight years, I have come to know some of the staff, and they have come to know me too.  The setting at Provenance is both casual and comfortable, with a touch of elegance to back it up.  With every visit I continue to admire the hardwood floor made from the ends (staves) of old wine barrels.  They also have a couple of comfortable leather chairs sitting in front of a large window overlooking the front lawn and across to the vines.  But when I come alone, I stay close to the tasting bar to stay connected to the staff and others experiencing the winery.

Because I behaved myself at Saint Clement, I was able to sample a broader selection of wines at Provenance.  I started off with the 2011 Cabernet Franc, which surprised me for being better than I had expected any 2011 reds to come out.  Next I tried my two favorites on the menu, the 2010 Barrell Select Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2009 To Kalon Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon.  Next I tried one of the new wines in my shipment, the 2010 Diamond Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, and ended with the 2009 Hewitt Cabernet Sauvignon.  Of all of these wines, my favorite continues to be the 2009 To Kalon Cabernet for its depth, balance, and great ripe fruit.

A full review was written already about Provenance Vineyards during my visit on February 8th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment