Thursday, April 10, 2014

Saint Clement Vineyards, February 22, 2014

www.stclement.com

After telling my friends about the terrific deals at Saint Clement during my visit in January, I was asked to order for some of them some of the same wines on special.  I also wanted a few more of these well-priced bottles and ordered more for myself.  Since I was practically across the street at Freemark Abbey, I figured it made sense to stop by Saint Clement and pick up my wines.  I was directed from the tasting bar inside classic farmhouse back to the winemaker’s studio on the patio behind the farmhouse.  The winemaker’s house is what I would describe as Yosemite-modern style, with an emphasis on stone and wood in the décor.  Some of the wine club’s events take place in this same building, and as I recall, the main entertaining hall is quite a comfortable place, including a fireplace and leather lounge chairs.  But this time, I was continuing my enjoyment of the fantastic February weather (about 68 degrees outside) and sat down on the patio to enjoy my pours.  There were a number of folks also outside, and I struck up a conversation with some of them.
The patio outside the Winemaker's Studio at Saint Clement
I really wanted to try all the single-vineyard Cabernets that they had open that afternoon, but I had to limit my intake after the generosity at the release party just prior.  So, I chose two wines from the menu that I knew I would enjoy, and allowed the staff to twist my arm ever so slightly to try one new Cabernet.  I started with the 2010 Star Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (from Rutherford) which has been my favorite in many vintages.  I followed with the 2010 Steinhauer Ranch Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon (from Howell Mountain), and was easily coerced into trying the new 2010 Paras Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (from Mount Veeder).  Of these, the Star Vineyard Cabernet continues to be my favorite and is delicious.


A full review was written already about Saint Clement Vineyards during my visit on May 12th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment