Tuesday, April 29, 2014

March 4, 2014 – Wine: 2005 Hourglass Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

The first time I opened this wine was back in April of 2011.  At that time, this wine was nice, but not great.  It had superb balance and softness, but was rather one-dimensional and lacked those special qualities of the vintage.  Needless to say, at the price I paid, I was very disappointed.  Tonight was time for redemption, as the wine displayed so much personality that it was hard to tell that the two wine experiences are related, let alone from the same batch.  The texture was rich and smooth, with a multidimensional palette featuring boysenberry, blackberry, cherry, tobacco, mineral, tar, and a touch of lemon on the finish.  I now feel that I am quite satisfied with my purchase. 
 
2005 Hourglass Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

No comments:

Post a Comment