Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Corison Winery, March 31, 2014

www.corison.com

I had my own wine club pickup at Corison, which was my main motivation for my trip to Napa Valley today.  Every March, the wine club offers a library selection to wine club members.  This March, the selection was a magnum of the 2003 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.  I casually mentioned that my favorite vintage was the 2002, and they happily changed the bottle for a 2002 (which was selling for the same price), after some minimal bookkeeping.  The magnum was delivered in a winery-branded wooden case, so this bottle will have a special place in everyone’s cellar (especially mine).  Now I have to plan a large dinner to enjoy this big bottle.
One of the tidy tanks in the Corison Winery operations room

As this was my fifth winery of the day, and the first stop was more than generous with their wines, I decided to limit myself to just two wines at Corison.  I first tasted the 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, which seems to have opened up a little since I tasted it last fall.  Then I tasted the 2010 Kronos Cabernet Sauvignon, which will be shipped to me in June.  I am looking forward to picking up these bottles of Kronos Cabernet.  For those who are interested, Corison also bottles a few wines under second labels called Corazon (a dry Gewuztraminer) and Helios (a delicious Cabernet Franc and Syrah), which are available to taste most days.

A full review was written already about Corison Winery during my visit on April 6th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment