Monday, June 23, 2014

Elizabeth Spencer Wines, April 26, 2014

www.elizabethspencerwines.com

I must be a good friend.  After all, I am willing to stop at the winery where my friend is a wine club member, pick up his latest shipment for him (and hold it in my cool basement), and taste the wines there to see what’s good.  This last part is my motivation of course, because the wines made by Elizabeth Spenser are so tasty.  And being located at the corner of the main Saint Helena highway and Rutherford Road, the winery is very convenient for me on nearly every trip is take to the area.  (Almost too convenient.)  I also enjoy the quaint, brick tasting room, with its suburban England charm and feel.  (A visit here reminds me of a trip I once took to Windsor.)
The Elizabeth Spencer Winery tasting room

I always have to be careful tasting at Elizabeth Spencer, especially when I have more wineries on my tasting agenda.  The folks tend to be quite generous with their wine club members, so I like to draw the line at two pours.  That doesn’t explain why I had three, of course.  That’s the wine itself.  On this visit, I tried three wines.  I enjoyed the 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Special Cuvee, followed by the 2011 Russian River Chardonnay, and lastly the 2013 Pinot Noir Rose.  The chardonnay was my favorite of the day, but the Cabernet was decidedly delicious.

A full review was written already about Elizabeth Spencer Wines during my visit on November 2nd, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment