Tuesday, February 5, 2013

December 15, 2012 – Wine: 2007 Clos du Val Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

I tasted this Cabernet at the winery from a full-bottle and was quite impressed with it.  I ended up buying a few half-bottles at the time.  Later I spotted more of these half-bottles at Cost Plus World Market for a fair price, so I bought a half-dozen more.  During my winery visit, this wine exuded the vintage-typical fruits of blackberry and blueberry, especially on the nose.  This time the wine has locked down the fruit, presenting primarily leather, tobacco, and mineral flavors, followed by subtle blackberry fruit and tea (even after two hours).  It looks like I’ll have to wait a year before opening any more of these to give the wine a chance to work back into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment