Thursday, April 18, 2013

Elizabeth Spencer Wines, March 1, 2013

www.elizabethspencerwines.com

Since I helped to bend my friend’s arm to get him to join Elizabeth Spencer’s wine club, I figured I at least owe it to him to swing by the quaint tasting room in Rutherford to pick up his wine club shipments.  He saves a few dollars on shipping and I get to taste their wines – a win-win situation.  I have always enjoyed the folks at the Elizabeth Spenser tasting room as they make every effort to arrange a tasting flight that suits your interests.  The fact that there isn’t a disagreeable wine offered makes it harder to narrow in on your flight, but they will help you through this part.  When the weather is ideal, you can take your glass out to the patio to enjoy in the fresh afternoon air, too.  I stayed inside today to enjoy the brickwork and wine racks that lend an interesting pattern to the tasting room walls.

The relaxing tasting patio at Elizabeth Spencer Winery
  I limited my tasting flight to just three wines (to make up for the generosity at the previous stop).  I started off with the 2010 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, then enjoyed the 2007 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, and finished with the 2009 Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon.  I was a little surprised to find that the 2009 Cabernet was my favorite, considering my inclination towards 2007 Cabernets and towards wines grown on Howell Mountain.

A full review was written already about Elizabeth Spencer Wines during my visit on November 2nd, 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment