Tuesday, April 16, 2013

March 21, 2013 – Wine: 2007 Wolf Family Vineyards Cabernet Franc

When I first saw this on the store shelf last fall in a half bottle, I thought to myself: a 2007 Cabernet Franc … how bad can that be?  I left the store without buying any, but the next time I returned, the wine was still there.  By then I had done a little reading on the wine and decided to pick up two half-bottles to take home.  Since this was a 2007, it already had a couple of years of bottle age, so I decided to open one to evaluate it.  My mom really enjoys Cabernet Franc so I decided to share this wine with her.  This wine offered up very bright, vintage-typical fruits including blueberry, blackberry, black cherry, leather, and tea with a slight note of steel on the finish.  While the wine is still tannic and worthy of another five years of cellaring, it is nicely balanced today and really opened up after a 45 minute decant.

2007 Wolf Family Vineyards Cabernet Franc


No comments:

Post a Comment