Tuesday, April 9, 2013

March 6, 2013 – Wine: 2003 Rudd Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (white label)

Back in March of 2007, my coworkers and I attended a week-long training session in Roseville, CA.  I brought along a six-pack of half-bottles to share with folks in the evenings.  The wines ranged in price from $10 to $60 a half-bottle, and spanned the entire range.  To thank me for sharing these wines, they bought me this bottle of 2003 Rudd Cabernet Sauvignon, which I let slumber in my cellar.  Tonight, two of those same coworkers were joining me for dinner, so I brought along this bottle.  While still years from its peak potential, the wine has an incredible nose, good balance, developing richness, and a persistent finish.  In this very complex wine I detected flavors of sour cherry, sweet black prunes, tea, cranberry, and minerals.  Everyone enjoyed this wine as we fought over the last sip.
2003 Rudd Oakville Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

No comments:

Post a Comment