Sunday, October 13, 2013

September 12, 2013 – Wine: 2002 Clark Claudon Cabernet Sauvignon

I offered my wine-buddy the choice of four very nice Cabernets and he picked this one.  I started to worry that perhaps the Howell Mountain fruit would not be ready.  It might be too heavy and tannic and still in need of cellaring.  When I opened a half-bottle of this wine three years back it was heavy and tannic.  Well, after uncorking and letting it breathe about 45 minutes, I quickly learned that my concerns were wasteful worry.  This wine is drinking quite nicely now.  It is medium bodied and elegant, with a terrific nose, excellent balance, and delicious Howell Mountain flavors of cranberry, red currant, leather, and minerals.  I have one remaining half-bottle which I will probably open just after the new year.

2002 Clark Claudon Cabernet Sauvignon

No comments:

Post a Comment